If you think you or someone you know if suffering from a Biotoxin Illness such as Lyme Disease or CIRS - from Mold Toxins here are 3 FREE ways to test for Lyme & Mold Illness.
1. VCS Test- The test is free and you can make a $10 donation to get a detailed report. For me I just took the test to have a starting point for my doctor. As you can see from the image I did not do so well. After 9 months of treatment for heavy metals and mold I have seen improvement in my scores. I am certain after we tackle Lyme and other co-infections I will be able to pass a follow up test.
According to the VCS Test website "What is visual contrast sensitivity testing?Visual contrast sensitivity testing measures your ability to see details at low contrast levels and is often used as a nonspecific test of neurological function. Similar in form to a standard audiometry hearing test, a VCS test generally involves the presentation of a series of images of decreasing contrast to the test subject and the recording of the contrast levels where patterns, shapes, or objects can or cannot be identified. The results of the test can then be used as an aid in the diagnosis of visual system dysfunction."
S"What can cause a contrast sensitivity deficit? Many things can affect the ability to perceive contrast. These include nutritional deficiencies, the consumption of alcohol, drug/medication use, and exposure to endogenous or exogenous neurotoxins and/or biotoxins, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), venom from animal or insect stings or bites, certain species of mold and the mycotoxins and microbial VOCs they produce, cyanobacteria, dinoflagellates (particularly Pfiesteria and Ciguatera), apicomplexans, parasites, heavy metals like mercury and lead, and the pathogens responsible for Lyme disease and its common co-infections. For more information"
2. MSIDS Questionnaire- Multiple Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome (MSIDS) is a term Dr. Horowitz developed for describing the multitude of symptoms caused by a Biototin Illness. Dr. Horowitz, MD, is one of the top Lyme Disease Doctors in the world. He is a leader in the Lyme Community and is a best selling author. His book Why Can't I Get Better? Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease has a Lyme-MSIDS questionnaire inside. You can download it from his website Cangetbetter.com or complete it online at TiredofLyme.com
I scored over 100 on my initial test and just over 80 on my most recent one. This is a valuable FREE tool to see your progress through treatment.
3. Many people like myself goes years without a correct diagnosis of Lyme Disease. Recently the CDC changed it guidelines for physicians to consider a clinical diagnosis based on symptoms not only on lab work. If you unexplained health issues and have persisting symptoms like the ones described below please seek medical professional literate in Lyme Disease! If caught early enough and with the right genetic make up there are treatment options. For a % of the population like myself it will become Chronic and a tough battle to treat due to HLA genetic issues with recognizing and detoxing Lyme, Mold and other Chronic Illnesses.
You can use the FREE Online Symptom checker at LymeDisease.org
Unfortunately, it is hard to find a doctor who is familiar with Lyme and Mold so be sure to research before making an appointment. A lot of people like myself went to doctor after doctor and had test after test and felt ignored and went undiagnosed for years. It is hard to feel like no one is listening or cares if you ever get well. There are doctors who can run specialized testing to get answers and provide you with a treatment protocol. There are a lot of online resources and facebook groups to get support, you can search for keywords like Lyme, CIRS and Mold or email me for an invite to the groups I participate in.
If you would like to go to your Doctor prepared check out 23 and Me DNA testing
About the product:
- 20% Off for Mother's Day ends May 13, 2018
- Receive 75+ online personalized genetic reports (browse images for a full list of reports)
- Before purchasing, review important information at 23andme.com/test-infoSubject to 23andMe's Terms of Service at 23andme.com/tos and Privacy Statement at 23andme.com/privacy
-Provide a saliva sample using our at-home kit and send it back. No additional lab fee required. Results ready in about 6-8 weeks
Follow the blog and social media for more health & wellness information. We are all in this together!
Thank you for taking the time to see what you can do to support your friends & family battling a Chronic Illness. Knowing someone is thinking about you is powerful fuel for healing. I am currently disabled due to my Lyme Disease, CIRS and Chronic Fatigue and make a small commission from the affiliate links in this post at no additional cost to you. I recommend companies and products I trust and all clicks are greatly appreciated. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites